Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recap Round 2

Stefanick and Thompson were in two separate matches, but they were both seen at the lawyers office suing for non-support.
The first match had Peters and no show no call Bamford vs Stefanick and Ippolito and without Bamford, Peters said no problem, I didn't need him last week and I don't need him this week. The match was close through 4 and that's when the red hot Peters took over by winning the next 4 holes to close out these two newcomers 3 and 2.

The next match had the powerful duo of Finn and Larsosa vs Thompson and Berke. Thompson gave these two all they could handle by battling back from 2 down after 5 to even the match up with a birdie on 8. They halved the 9th, but a par by Finn on 10 was too much for Thompson who gave it all he had, a crushing loss. To Berke's credit he was not feeling up to par and gave it his best.

The last match had Karas and Lyons vs myself and TJ. Lyons was on in 2 on the 2nd hole with and 8' eagle putt, he settled for birdie to even the match. It went back and forth until my bogie/par on 7 put myself and TJ 1 up. The 8th hole Karas sinks a clutch birdie putt to make it all square going into 9, with Lyons length off the tee I knew we were in trouble and sure enough he blasted his tee shot past the 2 traps and has 210 left. His next shot squirted left and that left us all putting for long birdies. TJ has to sink his par putt to extend the match and does. The 10th I again had to lean on my partner for another clutch par putt as I was out of the hole he does it again. The 11th had Karas in tight with a great chip and myself in the rough over the trap needing to get up and down or else this match is over. TJ had a long par putt just miss, I was next with about a 12 footer and made it, leaving Lyons to try and halve. He misses wide right, but with Karas, who's putter had been hot all day still left with a short putt lipped out, the match was over.

Other league news had a foursome not turn in their card, so therefore no prize money. The league is also waiting on 2nd half dues who's names I will not publish yet, don't make me do it. Just please pay up!!! Frank is also seeking birdie money.

No comments: