Thursday, September 3, 2009

Recap Week 16

I knew driving to the course this was going to be a weird one. Route 495 had a plane crash in Mansfield detouring my travel to Easton. I get to the course and the greens have been irrigated and the kids from Stoughton, just as I expected, lined the porch delaying our league from getting out at our usual time. I had only one thing in mind and that was to get a birdie knowing with the putting greens filled with holes and sand that one birdie would be enough to cash in on this carryover week. I lipped out on 4 and there went my chance. Larosa birdied the 6th with the pin in back and that looked like a sure winner only to have the red hot Mike McNeice birdie it also. Walsh managed to sink his 7 footer on 2, but with McKenna yet to play the hole that too was knocked out. Bradley's putt on 9 was looking real good only to have one of the little holes take it off course and just miss. That left my partner from the Judge Smail's Cup TJ with the only birdie that held up on 9 to take home the carryover money and vault him into a commanding lead on the money board.
Round of the week goes to Mike McNeice who didn't let the greens bother him as he shoots 78 and collects top individual and team honors. Walsh again lucks out with a partner who carries him into the winners circle. Oh did I mention there was a full moon which might account for these cwayzee happenings.
The Stoughton kids are something we have to deal with the rest of the way, so if you can get out early I suggest you play before 3, just make sure you play with someone in the league.

No comments: